Friday, February 14, 2014

A Love Poem/ Happy Valentine's Day


To my Campus Crush

I saw her today,
and she walked up to me like an abstract painting
with brushes for fingertips,
and she breast-stroked this canvas shell of mine
an ocean blue,
an ocean blue that was as deep as her dimples,
and I felt like Captain Morgan,
so I pirate-dived into them,
hoping to find way to that intoxicating treasure
she called a smile,
stealing a glimpse of something this beautiful has never felt so much like a crime,
so i prayed for freedom for my misdemeanor,
but I fell captive by the handcuffs in her eyes,
I never saw them coming,
the justice in her eyelids was enough,
so I asked for mercy,
and she had mercy,
we lingered, like seconds during sunsets,
She is my muse,
and as we departed one another's lives like summer days,
I knew I was different,
It was as if she took gravity with her,
and I was left there floating with the residue of her presence
without training wheels or a map,
or maybe I was stuck still,
in a state of perplexed perpetual motion gravitating toward  my next class,
which was some planet a galaxy over yonder,
but I don't need to tell you she was breath-taking like my savior's star,
I saw her today,
and we shared words like old friends do at reunions,
she refreshed my soul, 
so I borrowed half of her heart and placed it in the whole of my left eardrum hoping 
she & I would start resonating in cut time
because I can't hold this rapture in my chest for you any longer

-TJ

No comments:

Post a Comment